July 29, 2009

By Jeffery Wong

Comments

13 Comments

Posted In

Blog, Uncategorized

Server Upgrade

iPhone App HK Weather,Enjoy及Reading 3.0.0 今晚(HKT July 30 02:00)會進行伺服器升級,服務會暫停10至20分鐘。 We will have a server upgrade tonight (HKT July 30 02:00), services of HK Weather, Enjoy and Reading 3.0.0 will be suspended for 10 to 20 mins.

Update: 2009 July 30 02:25 HKT Server upgrade completed. 🙂

Discussion

• mike7 said on July 30, 2009

天文台 web site 轉左野, 搞到個 app gei “Rainfall” display 錯圖 (display 左能見到)

please help to update…

Thx!!!

P.S. I use your app everyday! ^^

• Jeffery Wong said on July 30, 2009

Yes. The current upgrade of HKO website (July 28 2009) caused the chart in HK Weather wrongly displayed. Actually we are working on the new version of HK Weather since May. We hope we can release HK Weather 3.0 in 2 weeks, with fix, new data and Push Notification.

• Michael said on August 1, 2009

Same here, i use your app every day to decide if I should ride my motorcycle to work and back home – a fix to the rain map display would be great.

Thanks! Michael

• Joe said on August 3, 2009

in english is no problem, but in chinese the rainfall was shown visibility, hope this will fix in future….thanks michael

• Jeffrey said on August 7, 2009

Just got the itouch 2G & installed the app yesterday but the screen was “black-out” when I double clik on the app. All I can see is the header, setting icon and refresh icon (i guess). There is no sign of wifi connection until I click the home button, everything back to normal. Wifi signal appears, I’m able to surf the web. Why ? Do i need to set something up before I can use it ??

• Jack said on August 12, 2009

HK Weather 好好用!
    我用2G版i phone,
    會否更生中文版2.0.1?
    降雨量變成能見度!
    Thanks!!!

• Dave said on September 1, 2009

Still no news on HK weather 3.0 with push and fixes??

• James said on September 10, 2009

Hi

Do you use a server in HK? I’m looking for a good web host in HK…

thanks
    James

• Jeffery Wong said on September 11, 2009

We don’t use Hong Kong Hosting for production. Currently Conceptable using the service provided by Linode (www.linode.com). We think, they are providing one of the best VPS service for Linux platform.
    If you found any good web host in HK, please let us know too.

• Andrew said on September 11, 2009

The rainfall chart on HK weather is displaying the wrong info. ….??

• James said on September 13, 2009

I’m trying out http://www.communilink.net

• Jeffery Wong said on September 13, 2009

@James What kind of hosting you are trying? e.g. Share Host or Dedicated Server? Platform and bandwidth etc. We spent lot of time to look for suitable provider in HK but still can’t pick anyone in HK. 🙁

• James said on September 13, 2009

Nothing crazy, just a shared host for some scripts.

Platform is Solaris 10.

I just needed a server in HK. I don’t anticipate a lot of traffic, so the 2GB of bandwidth allowed is fine. They only give you 500MB of storage for the very basic plan.

However, I’m going to have to upgrade to the Standard plan as they really lock down the PHP settings for the basic plan and I need to enable some settings for my scripts.

So far I’m pretty happy. The support response is speedy and helpful and I’m very happy with the speed.

Speak Up