September 26, 2008

By Jeffery Wong

Comments

15 Comments

Posted In

Uncategorized

Weather 2.0 released (2.0.1 planning)

Version 2.0 just released! Feel free to update it and send me feedback my friend.

001 002 003 004

Actually the 2.0 has few issues found after the submission, but because of the time needed to wait for the review process, I still like to release the 2.0 and fix them in the 2.0.1.

One of the issue is, the line “Information provided HKO” is missing!!! I think I delete it with the image in the about page together. So careless I am. The information of Hong Kong Weather 2.0 still provide by the HKO with authorization! I will add the line back later.

Another issue is, the small icon used in 7 days forecast is not easy to read and compare each other. It is my fault because I build them in 3 separate day and haven’t make them display together on phone. I will prepare a revised set in the 2.0.1 with clear differences between the day with rain/cloud.

One last thing, just a reminder, 2.0 now with detail information about the warning in force. But, the chart of the typhoon still not ready to use.

I hope you all enjoy this update. Comments are always welcome.

Discussion

• Vicrry said on September 26, 2008

I just updated to version 2.0.

I don’t know is that already there but I’d like to suggest a tropical cyclone map. It’s what we want to know most at work.

Dont get me wrong, everything existing is just damn great and I love this app! 🙂

• Simon said on September 26, 2008

Thanks for a great free application. I’m visiting HK next week and so whilst I will only be use the application for a short time it’s a really good way to get an idea of what weather to expect. Only one request, could you cool the weather by a few degrees next week!

Simon

• pooh.f said on September 27, 2008

actually, it’s a great freeware!!!!

• magma said on September 27, 2008

hi Jeffery, me again the picky Touch user.
    Just a minor bug that the ‘wind, temp, rainfull’ page
    Is not cached.
    Afterall, it’s great& appreciate yr effort. ^.^

• Jeffery Wong said on October 5, 2008

Vicrry,
    I just enabled that hidden tropical cyclone map function. 🙂

Simon,
    🙂 Hong Kong really too hot in Summer

hi magma,
    I promise I will make them cached in next release. Sorry for my lazy.

• Stanley said on October 6, 2008

Hi Jeffery,

It’s a nice app, I like it very much…
    But I have one question, I’m using Winterboard to change theme,
    but I can’t change the icon of WeatherHK, do u know why?
    1) put a icon named “WeatherHK.png” in theme icon folder
    2) cover the “Icon.png” file inside the WeatherHK.app folder
    Both ways were not work…I’m using 2G iPhone v2.1

Please advise…thx!!!

• Jeffery Wong said on October 6, 2008

Stanley,

So happy to hear that you like my app. Thank you.

I don’t have jail break phone here and never try the Winterboard program. I am afraid I don’t have the information to help in this issue. But I still like to suggest some trial for you.
    Maybe you can try to put a icon named “HK Weather.png” into the Winterboard icons folder to try. If you use Chinese interface in your iPhone, you may need to put a “天氣報告.png” into that folder. I guess the Winderboard will try to replace the icon by matching the display name of the application.

I hope this help.

• Stanley said on October 6, 2008

I will try it…thx!!!

• Stanley said on October 6, 2008

攪掂喇…thx…

• chankfung said on November 9, 2008

每/隔日都會一睇
    見到8點幾update, 估你都成7 點幾起身攬下d information,
    感謝!

• V*mi said on November 26, 2008

今日發現有新weather forecast icon : Very Dry.
    Very dry到個地裂開哂! Haha! 好彩唔係我塊面… Haha!
    Thanks your work! …with a humorous touch!

• Olivier Bregeras said on June 18, 2009

So now that OS 3.0 is out. Is there any plans for an upgrade to use push notifications ?
    Really like this app.

• Jeffery Wong said on June 18, 2009

Yes. Push Notification is coming to Hong Kong Weather.
    We like to remind you bring the umbrella before you go to work!

• Birdie Golf said on August 1, 2009

Hi, love your program. One suggestion is to add the Satellite and Radar images to the details page. An animation would be GREAT. Something like what’s on the Observatory’s home page (http://www.hko.gov.hk/contente.htm). Thanks for the great work.

• Andrew C. said on September 13, 2009

I love your app and use it every day, thanks! Is there any chance to include a radar image, like the previous commenter suggested? That would be a very useful addition. Thanks again for your effort on this app.

AC